I’ll be the first one to admit, I’m a procrastinator…
For the past three days, since Sunday, I’ve had pictures I took for the Neon and Neutrals challenge (Bloggers Do It Better series) over at Pretty Shiny Sparkly. Have I posted them yet? Heck no. Because the link doesn’t close for a couple more days. And then I got the email from Ashley at After Nine to Five announcing that this week’s 7 Day Push challenge is…to quit procrastinating this week and to use 15 minutes of our day to accomplish a task. Seriously, how hard could it possibly be to do just that?!? Obviously too hard for me because I still haven’t posted anything on either challenge. But I figured that while there is a storm trying to rear its ugly head here in North Texas, I may as well get it posted and crossed off my list of projects I want to accomplish this week.
To start, the newly engaged Kristina at PSS challenged bloggers to create an outfit that incorporates the fashion trend of neon plus neutrals. Although my wardrobe has plenty of neutrals, I didn’t have anything I considered a neon. While at Goodwill for the half off sale last week, I came across not only this bright lime green top, but also a glowing orange belt. Paired with a white skirt and a baby bump, it appears to fit the bill.
Skirt: Merona, thrifted from the Rufe Snow Goodwill
T-shirt: Mossimo, thrifted from the RS Goodwill
Belt: thrifted from the RS Goodwill Espadrilles: Kors by Michael Kors Allie wedges
These wedges have been a godsend the past few weeks! They’re super comfortable and I love the pop of color they bring to any bright outfit. You will definitely see them again, and probably very soon.
So for the second part of the post…my list. I have a dry erase board in my office that has a list of things to do and right now there’s at least 30 items on there! So for this week, I’m going to narrow it down to my top seven in hopes of accomplishing something each day (since I’ve already started working on some projects, I’m not THAT bad!)
1. Clean out and reorganize the pantry (done)
2. Finish Sonnet’s baby bedding
3. Pack up J3′s shoes that are too small and store in the attic
4. Print pictures for the empty frame in J3′s room (you know, the one highlighting the first year of his life…now that he’s almost two!)
5. Back up the main computer’s files, wipe clean and transfer to the “new” computer so the old one can go to the inlaws
6. Place items on Etsy/eBay/Craigslist that need to be sold
7. Get 3 quotes for costs on enclosing the den (so that I can move my office and make my current office into a nursery for the new baby!)
Whew! All those things may not get done, but I expect many of them will. Wish me luck! Is anyone else out there a total and complete procrastinator?!? Am I the only one? If you’re not, how do you tackle undesirable tasks? Just curious…